your HFM data in to Word
The MerlinXL Word Wizard allows you to link Word shapes and text directly to HFM data and cell text without the need to copy and paste SmartView data points. The Point of View (POV) of the linked HFM data can be changed using the MerlinXL Word ribbon that is linked to the HFM metadata.
MerlinXL Report Wizard reports can be embedded or linked into the Word document and controlled using the MerlinXL Word ribbon.
Word Wizard can deliver significant benefits if you:
- Tried to use SmartView to link HFM data to Word via Excel https://mannapotheke.de/
- Copy and Paste Excel static Excel reports into Word that cannot be updated
- Hard code HFM data values into Word because the SmartView approach is too fiddly
- Want to use Word more in your reporting but are put off by SmartView
- Want to use Word to collect and report commentary using HFM cell text
- Distribute Word documents over http(s) and email
HFM data and cell text can be linked to Word in a number of ways:
- To a word in the middle of a sentence
- To a shape (text box or place holder)
- To a table cell
- As an embedded (or linked) Excel report
Update all linked data to the same background Point Of View
All the linked HFM data in a Word document can be updated to the same background POV using the MerlinXL Word ribbon. Documents can be rolled forward to the next period simply by selecting the period in the ribbon. Or the document can be updated for any entity in the HFM metadata without the need to rebuild the data links. Word documents with embedded Excel workbooks can be uploaded to the MerlinXL Document Library and distributed to any user over http(s), who can then run them for any POV to which they have Read access.
We tried to use SmartView to link HFM data to PowerPoint and Word but it was a slow painful process to update each month. With the PowerPoint and Word Wizards I just have to select the new period in the ribbon and the wizard does the rest – like magic!